VALLEY STREAM UFSD THIRTEEN SCHOOL BREAKFAST SURVEY
Parents and taxpayers are asked to share their concerns regarding the District’s survey and exemption request by contacting The Valley Stream 13 School District will be conducting a survey of parent of students in kindergarten through fifth grade to determine if there is any interest in a school breakfast program. If insufficient interest is determined, an exemption to participate in this program will be requested by the Board of Education to the New York State Education Department.ting District Assistant Superintendent for Business and Human Resources Gerard Antoine in writing at 585 N. Corona Avenue, Valley Stream, NY 11580 or by phone at 516-568-6110.
See what’s offered for lunch in our schools! Click on a link below to view the lunch menu.
- Information about pre-paying for student lunches
- New York State MEMO about Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act 2010
- Memo from Whitson’s about School Lunch
Cafeteria Lunch Ticket Procedure
In the interest of good nutrition for all students, lunch tickets may be purchased on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The advantages of buying prepaid lunch tickets are:
1) Students may purchase any of the full lunches offered on the menu with the lunch ticket.
2) Students will be guaranteed lunch without having to worry about bringing lunch money.
3) Prepaid lunch tickets are also utilized for the students approved for free or reduced-price lunch.
Please contact the student’s school’s main office for details. Students approved for reduced-price lunch may purchase a prepaid lunch ticket for $.25 per lunch.
Daily Lunch Prices: $2.00
Reduced-Price Lunch: $.25
Willow Road, Wheeler Avenue, and Howell Road: $.75
For information about free or reduced-price meal eligibility, please call the school your child attends.
Questions or concerns please contact the food service office @ 516-872-7784