The Valley Stream Union Free School District Thirteen recently held an orientation day to welcome nine new teachers to the District. The focus of the day was to familiarize new staff members with the District’s student-focused programs and initiatives.
During the orientation, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction Judith LaRocca and Director of Technology Andrea DiMango reviewed the District’s policies, safety protocols, website resources, eSchooldata Parent Portal and the District’s full complement of academic programs. The goal of new teacher orientation is to ensure that all new classroom faculty are fully prepped and ready for the first day of school and the important responsibility they have taken on in educating the students of Valley Stream Union Free School District Thirteen.
The District’s six new teachers are:
- Brittany Bent, Classroom Teacher, Wheeler Avenue Elementary School
- Robert D’Agostino, Classroom Teacher, Wheeler Avenue Elementary School
- Stephani Eso, Special Education, Wheeler Avenue Elementary School/Dever Elementary School
- Afshan Nasir, Psychologist, Howell Road Elementary School
- Kevin Mayer, Math AIS, Wheeler Avenue Elementary School/Dever Elementary School
- Ryan Boyle, Guidance Counselor, Wheeler Avenue Elementary School/Districtwide
The District’s three new part-time teachers are:
- Gina Knecht, Social Worker, Willow Road Elementary School
- Soneya Bonetti, English as a new language, Dever Elementary School/Districtwide
- Yasmin Lopez, Special Education, Willow Road Elementary School
For more information about the District, visit http://889.14a.mwp.accessdomain.com.